The Year 2021 is significant for the Arab Emirates. President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has announced to commemorates the UAE 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION.
The announcement of the celebration is accompanied by several goals. All of them are for the next year. The ‘Year of the 50th’ officially begins on April 6 and will finish in March 2022.
The proclamation reflected on the UAE’s principles and achievements during the previous five decades.
The Aim of “Year Of 50th”
The aim of UAE’s golden year is to acknowledge. Actually, enlightening the future is the motto of the UAE for the year 2021.
What is the UAE Golden Jubilee Committee?
The UAE Golden Jubilee Committee, founded in December 2019 by his highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He is the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE. Besides, H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Co-Operation will preside over the UAE 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION committee.
Main duties of the committee:
- Coordinating the UAE’s Golden Jubilee celebrations, building a thorough preparation plan to carry out preparations for the 50th anniversary in 2021.
- Creating extensive systems at the federal and local levels to organize Golden Jubilee festivities.
- Make arrangements to aggregate the international effect of the UAE Golden Jubilee festivities.
- To improve the UAE’s worldwide image, including diplomatic missions in the planning.
- Participate in the arrangements for the Golden Jubilee festivities from all parts of society.
- Include the private sector in the planning.
- Make a record of the country’s accomplishments from the federation’s formation.
- Creating arrangements for local and international media to share the UAE’s 50-year journey.
- Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the UAE with a festive attitude that engages all those who regard the UAE to be their motherland.
- Encouraging young people to understand the aspirations of the coming 50 years.
Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, said: “Today, as we launch the UAE Year of the 50th, we can proudly look back on our achievements. Everyone in the UAE has the chance to reach their full potential. Together we will continue to shape new frontiers.”
What is the plan for the next 50 years?
At the foundation of the 50-Year, Development Plan Committee, task forces were formed. All of those were done to build on the founding father’s legacy.
The UAE achieved its objectives by placing first in the world in 121 indicators. Not only the first among Arab nations in 479 measures but also the top five in the world in 189 indicators.
Most importantly, From the UAE’s 2021 to 2071, the country is developing a comprehensive growth plan for the following 50 years.
Formation of UAE
The world was blessed when the United Arab Emirates established. As UAE holds some expensive resources like oil depots, efficient manpower, robust economy, etc. Gradually, UAE formed its strength. On the other hand, they especially focused on the economy.
Nowadays, UAE’s economy is considered one of the strongest economies in the world.
However, In 1972, with the British treaty set to expire and both Iran and Saudi Arabia coveting its territory and resources. The kingdoms of Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm al-Quwain formed the autonomous United Arab Emirates. Two months later, Ras al-Khaimah joined.
Significantly, now UAE is the world’s seventh-largest oil and natural gas resource country. It has become a significant trading, travel, tourist, and financial center due to natural wealth. Moreover, The world’s tallest building, Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, is emblematic of the UAE’s extraordinary construction boom.
President Sheikh Khalifa has designated 2021 as the “Year of the 50th.” To commemorate the UAE’s 50th anniversary of union, the nation has organized a series of big events. Year 50th will begin on April 6, 2021. Interestingly, UAE 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION will end on March 31, 2022. The events will coincide with the UAE’s hosting of Expo 2020.
The Golden Jubilee celebrations are based on four pillars. As a matter of fact, each of which covers various development activities aimed at pushing change through socioeconomic and developmental policies.
1.Why is 2021 a special year for the UAE?
Because, its the UAE’s 50th anniversary this Year2021
2.What is the main culture in the UAE?